- Looking at some of the most bizarre and interesting teeth in the animal kingdom.
- Use dental techniques to make your own copy of a dinosaur tooth to take home.
- Looking at real live bacteria on a video screen attached to a microscope.
- Examine Dr. Rivera’s collection of dinosaur and prehistoric teeth.
To have Dr. Rivera come talk to your class fill out the contact form below and we’ll arrange a time for a visit. Also, if you would like to have your class come visit our office we’d be happy to accommodate you.
You might be wondering why this is important!
- Well, shadowing can give you a unique understanding of what a day as a dentist, dental assistant, or a dental hygienist is like in a live setting.
- Another reason is that admission to dental professional schools is very competitive and shadowing is a great way to show that you are serious about a career in dentistry.
Some do’s and don’ts:
- Do be punctual
- Do bring a notebook to jot notes down so you can remember your experience.
- Don’t be shy. Ask questions. We are here to answer questions.
Student shadowing is available for the following
- 8th through 12th grade
- Undergraduate students
- Dental, dental assistant, or dental hygiene students
Where to begin
Dentistry Merit Badge
Scouts, with all the merit badges you have to choose from, why not choose one that is not only fun but might also help you decide if a career in dentistry might be right for you. Dentistry is an ever-changing profession that involves many different aspects of not only science but art as well.
During this class you will learn about dental anatomy, dental procedures and instruments, and the different oral diseases that dentists treat. You’ll also get to make an impression of a dinosaur tooth and create a plaster model of it to take home.